Wednesday, August 10, 2011

 

One down, ten to go



This is the first room done. Done as in "no more needs doing." The walls are fixed and primed, the ceiling is uniformly white. I put some darker yellow, slightly orange trim along the baseboards and on the door edges, with white semi-gloss on the window casings and the single panels on the doors. I put new mortise locksets in the doors, new porcelain knobs on the built-in dresser, and even got drawer liner in the built-in dresser. The bed is my son's, stashed in storage because he broke the side rail and one of the slats. I repaired the slat, built another slat, and put a steel screw into the broken part of the side rail before re-assembling the whole thing. Bed is nice. Everything's great- lights, paint, floors, blinds, bed.

The living room is almost done. I patched the 3" hole my son made to pull wires. Getting pretty good at patching round holes in plaster walls. I'll touch-up the yellow walls, then put a coat of white semi-gloss on the baseboards. I patched holes in the bathroom, also so we could re-wire the room, and I'll try to put some light green semi-gloss on the walls. The light fixture that was there looks much better with a coat of blue-green metalic paint. (The clods that had the house before us had hit the fixture a few times with a paint roller.)

Got some yardwork to do, but I'm trying to focus on the inside of the house for now. One down, ten to go.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?