Thursday, August 13, 2009

 
Hayward 08042009

Today was my lunch with George. He brought Rooster with him. Ron Anderson, the world's shortest living Norwegian, was a surprise but made for an interesting lunch. We looked at photos of old Customs folks, some still alive, some not. We talked about old times, Iraq, who was decent and who was rotten.

The food was good- I had fish tacos, George had some pasta and Rooster had a burger. Rooster also paid for the whole thing, though George and I popped a bit for the tip.

On the way back, Richie phoned to say he and Kimmie were doing some errands, and did I want to go with? I said sure and met them at the Oakland Museum BART station. Soon's we got to Ikea in Emeryville, the clutch went out. It stuck on the floor, not functioning. We fiddled with it, and it seemed OK. We went inside and got some bedding and a few dishes that we didn't need, but this was Kimmie's idea of what we couldn't live without, so we went home with some dishes and linens. I devised this gimmick to make the clutch work- I tied the tail end of a tie-down strap to the clutch pedal and Richie wore it over his shoulder, so he could pull the clutch up. Mostly he drove home without the clutch. We got the old slave and master cylinders out, and replaced them with Autozone ones for $65. This could have become difficult, but Richie and I work well together. We ate dinner, then they took the 4-Runner to OSH for some grout solvent as a shake-down. Apparently, everything is fine.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?