Thursday, August 13, 2009

 

A few days till my vacation

Camp Bucca 07162009

Stayed up a bit later than I thought last night. Oh, sure, I couldn't get SimCity4 to work. I clicked on the icon in my start menu, and I got the first little image on my desktop. But instead of the earth bumping up and watching the robot stroll around, the first little image went away. I tried a few times, with no success, so I put Tiger Woods in my CD drive and played three matches. A couple of times I got ino the rough and took ten swings to hit 2 yards each. But I got an couple of birdies and an eagle. And I even sunk a 20-something yard chip.However, it was midnight before I powered down and went to sleep.

This morning, someone knocked on my door. I ignored it. Then a little while later, it was Jeff, so I opened the door- he brought me some cable that's hooked to a satellite dish and now I have limited AFN. Something with the dish. And I don't have a plipper to change channels- I've gotta stand up and push the channel up/down buttons on the decoder box. Might not be the best choice of programs, but I've got something that I didn't have last night.

Jeff was in and out in a minute. After he left, I routed the cable to be in the same place the other cable fit into. In a bit, I'll go see if he wants to get some lunch. I may be unable to sleep till noon any more. Well, I didn't sleep that late before, either. But in a few days, I'll be sleeping comfortably in California.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?