Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

Iraqi blip on my radar

I had laid the roofing on the shed and was fixing some lunch when the voicemail told me that I'd passed the background. When can I leave?

I emailed with the response that I have a family court date on June 12, nine days from today, that I can't get out of. After that, we'll see how it goes. There is an all-day trial in August, but maybe we can resolve everything in June. I don't really want to hassle her, I just want this Never-Ending Divorce to be over.

Yep, "Never-Ending" seems a bit harsh, but here's how I see it- 14 months ago, I got the final decree, 16 months after I filed. And I still have family court issues, lawyer fees, and the inevitable hassles associated with custody. I didn't even ask for my son to be on my tax return.

But this shouldn't devolve into a rant about the divorce industry (avoid it if you can), this is just a heads-up that I may find myself in Iraq soon. That should be grist for my blog's mill, no?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?